Quote

Every artist undresses his subject, whether human or still life. It is his business to find essences in surfaces, and what more attractive and challenging surface than the skin around a soul? ~Richard Corliss~

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Exhibition by Carl Verster: "Songs on the Eve of Destruction"


Essensual Art Gallery cordially invites you to attend the opening of Carl Verster's first solo exhibtion, called "Songs on the Eve of Destruction"

Date: 18 December 2010 at 7pm
Venue: Essensual Art Gallery Clarens
Address: Uppel level, Clarens Info & Tourist Centre, Market Street, Clarens

To hint at what you can expect, here is a poem Carl has penned for his exhibition:

Adam’s lament

Endless waves of sea, meeting waves of sand,

Her prayers of absolution greet my name,

Her tears embrace all I am, eroding me; and

I am left here, wretched, broken man that I am,

Fending off the pain others breed and feed.

Dusk light prickling my eyes in the twilight,

Haunted in one breath, taunted in another,

Singing songs on, and to, and from this Eve;

Songs. Yes, songs on the eve of destruction,

I, a crashing wave, breaking on her shore.




















No comments:

Post a Comment