Quote

Every artist undresses his subject, whether human or still life. It is his business to find essences in surfaces, and what more attractive and challenging surface than the skin around a soul? ~Richard Corliss~

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Petite exhibition: Sepia range

"Your sweet whisper" Oil on canvas 20x20cm

These are some of my works I will submit to the "Petite" exhibition. I am very excited about the "technique" - oils manipulated to remind me of charcoal, which of course is my first love ;-)


"This heart of mine" Oil on canvas 20x20cm

This range is very close to my heart, I decided to use couples as the subject. It does not matter whether we are married, single, gay or metro sexual - we all have experienced the closeness, the ecstasy, the protection of a loved one in an intimate embrace. It can feed the soul and keep you going for yet another day. It wraps around you like a warm blanket, giving you the security you so much need. Therefore, I dedicate this range to my husband, who has stood beside me through thick and thin, reaching deep into my soul to touch the artist who so desperately wanted to be alive again. I love you!


"Sweet kisses" Oil on canvas 20x20cm



"Sweet taste of you" Oil on canvas 20x20cm





2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much my darlin'
    It is not difficult to love a woman with so much passion
    Keep going, i will be there, watching you, with appreciation, for you have a wonderful talent and amazing skill
    Love u to bits
    J

    ReplyDelete