Quote

Every artist undresses his subject, whether human or still life. It is his business to find essences in surfaces, and what more attractive and challenging surface than the skin around a soul? ~Richard Corliss~

Friday, February 26, 2010

I see your/you're back

 
"IC UR BACK" Male & Female
Charcoal on recycled card board - Framed with glass 770x1070mm


I had some requests for line drawings, "more abstract" they said. So here they are: a male and female - I have to admit, I struggle with the "abstract" part of the design and sketching of such a piece. I don't know if my mind is not twisted enough or am I struggling to connect to the inner child who can draw an innocent picture? I was wondering why such a great artists as Pablo Picasso would have a model sit for him if the portrait came out so abstract and almost disfigured?  Another thought - if I draw a triangle and call it "women sitting unappropriately" will it be called modern art, abstract art or contemporary? To me it will be utter rubbish, but then again, I am not world famous!

By the way - the photo is awful - seems us artists should stick to painting and not try to take photos! But the pieces look much better in real life - so best you visit us to see them for yourself. (Wink, wink, nudge nudge)

Have a fantastic week-end!

2 comments:

  1. Mercia! I TOTALLY forgot that I promised you some abstract line drawings / paintings!!! I'm so sorry! What a nit I am.
    ... and yes I know exactly what you mean about the photography! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The passion of an artist is far beyond the imagination, the ability to construct, creation of what they perceive, is a gift that is only meant to be for some.

    Just looking at these creations, artwork in various mediums, make me wonder, what she will be up to next...... and yet again I can’t help to think that I will be surprised, there is a lot more to come.

    Thanks for sharing, showing a glimpse of your soul!

    What a performance..................

    ReplyDelete