Quote

Every artist undresses his subject, whether human or still life. It is his business to find essences in surfaces, and what more attractive and challenging surface than the skin around a soul? ~Richard Corliss~

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

And this, too, shall pass away

Frances Lozear Exhibition: Eternal love to come

"It is said an Eastern monarch once charged his wise men to invent him a sentence to be ever in view, and which should be true and appropriate in all times and situations. They presented him the words: "And this, too, shall pass away.""~ Abraham Lincoln

So then, I guess the opening of the exhibition has passed too, but wow! It was amazing and we had such fun with everyone there to enjoy it with us!

There are some people I would like to thank:
To my husband: You stir my inner soul; you urge me to reach heights I have never dreamed possible - I thank you and I love you!
To Frances Lozear: You are a wise and gentle old soul with whom so many souls can connect; you inspire others and have stirred the emotions of so many people viewing your art - I salute you! Congratulations on your exhibition - we hope the eternal love to come finds you; embraces you with its all and lifts your spirit to enfold you in its Love.
To everyone who supported both me and Frances: Thank you! Without you, this would not have been possible.
To everyone who attended: Thank you for coming, some from Clarens, some from far away. We are grateful that you took the time out in your busy schedules to celebrate this artist's work.

Most of the pictures of the evening and the art have been posted on our Facebook Group.





Here is the list of her art:
1. Your symphony - Framed Oil on canvas 













2. Eternally Found; Eternally Lost, Oil on canvas













3. Steps to Love I & II Charcoal sketch mounted
























4. Blood Roses - Framed oil on canvas










5. How do I hold you with broken hands - Oil on canvas


















 


6. Eternal love to come- Framed oil on canvas








7. Soul thoughts - Set  framed oil on canvas

















8. Don't forget your childhood dream - charcoal mounted














9. When you're too blind to see; listen with your heart - Oil on canvas














10. Hope "Nadezha" - Oil on canvas











11. Eternal Dream - Oil on canvas











12. "Om" Oil on canvas




















13. How to walk with a sagitarian lover - charcoal mounted













14. Sending love across the distance - Oil on canvas














15. Holding the key of realization - Oil on canvas

















16. Hold my heart for 5 minutes that I might not feel so much - Oil on canvas










I have had great feedback thus far on this exhibition - I've seen someone in tears and a gentleman breaking out in goosebumps. Everytime I stand in front of one of these paintings, they speak to me, stir my soul and I fall ever so more in love with each one of them!

Here are some links to reviews:
Clarens Mag - Blog
Clarens Mag - Facebook

We are waiting for the video to be edited of the evening - we will post it as soon as it is available!

 
Once again, thank you to all! In parting: "The Eskimos have over 32 words for snow, because it is important to them. There ought to be as many for love"

Blessings
Mercia







No comments:

Post a Comment